Monday 14 July 2014

Crystal Suncatchers Now at the Antique Mall...

Yesterday Nancy and I added more items to our booth and noted what has sold in just two or three days: small handmade birdhouses, old medicine bottles -- still some of each of those left; beautifully made doll clothes still in their original packaging and quite a few $2 grab bags of tiny toys.

I dug out a 3-armed silver-coloured towel rack to use to display my new copper and crystal suncatchers to hang in a sunny window or in the garden. Note that these are made with jewellery-quality crystals and are wire-wrapped (not strung with fishing line). Polish the copper with a tiny squirt of ketchup.

I tested them out in the sun yesterday and they definitely produce lots and lots of rainbows.


This length, with a leather cord, $15 plus shipping and handling. You can get them from showcase 800 on your right as you enter the first floor of the One of a Kind Antique Mall. I will also have lots of suncatchers to choose from at the Woodstock Farmers Market on Saturday mornings. They'd make a great hostess gift if you're going to a party or barbeque this summer or to a friend's cottage.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Lisa Yang said...

I love your sun catchers! What a great idea and they are so pretty. Jewelry for the garden - how perfect.

Nelson Beads said...

I'll be interested in seeing how those sell. Great idea for the garden. Keep us updated.

Barbara said...

Thanks! My problem is where they're displayed in both the Antique Mall and at the farmer's market is NOT in the sun... that's the big bummeroony. And no way to have a spotlight on them at the AntMall, but mebbe at the farmer's market. I need several lights there anyway it's so dim which doesn't help at all to sell jewellery.